GOOD NEWS, we have been granted a public hearing for Morton's proposed asphalt plant!
The time to ACT is now!
A community hearing with the North Carolina Division of Air Quality is scheduled for Tuesday January 11, 2011 at 6:00 pm in the White Oak High School.
IF WE SHOW UP IN LARGE NUMBERS AND CREATE A LOT OF NOISE BETWEEN NOW AND THEN WE CAN STOP THIS PROPOSED ASPHALT PLANT BY CONVINCING THE NC AIR QUALITY DIVISION WHY NOT TO ISSUE MORTON'S AIR PERMIT.
This meeting will be different then the Board Of Adjustments meeting because what we SAY matters.
We can stop this plant from destroying our community by doing the following:
- Contact as many people as you can to attend the Jan 11th meeting.
- Write letters and call the Gov. of NC , the Mayor of Jax. and County Comm.
- You can pick up your NO ASPHALT yard signs at the office of Durwood Humphrey & Sons Construction Co located at 1124 Clayton Humphrey Rd.
- Write letters to the editor of our newspaper and Raleigh's newspaper, we need to make noise
- Attend the next City Counsel and County Commissioners meeting
This is crunch time!
Time is running out!
It's all or nothing!
We need your help!
We cannot let this proposed asphalt plant destroy our health, our quality of life, our environment or our property values. This is our community, our family, and our way of life! Act now! Any questions call me @ (910) 389-3914